1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Alien inside my egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TammyTootles, Sep 22, 2012.

1. TammyTootles

TammyTootles Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    I am a bit freaked out right now.....Can anyone tell me what this is????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I only have hens.....but it looks like a baby???? im so confused!!!

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    It's not an embroyo, it's just a glitch in the innards when she was making the egg. It's way more common than most folks realize, the eggs from the store are pre-candled to screen out such yuckies and we never realize how many don't make the cut to the nice Nazi eggs in the carton. Likely doesn't mean anything and no problems for your hen. I've had glitches in my reproductive cycle, so do some hens.

3. yinzerchick

yinzerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    E.Texas
    Eww...that is pretty gross. I would've freaked too. [​IMG] Glad someone knew what it was. It looks like one of those big ugly grub worms to me. Blech! Gag!

Did you eat it??? [​IMG]

4. TammyTootles

TammyTootles Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    wheww....I was totally freaking out... I posted it on facebook as well and a lot of people said it looked like a grub worm also...lol many sais it looked liked a fetus...glad to know that its just a glitch in her gizzard hahaha.
    no we didnt eat it in fact we are still looking at it...lol my 14 yr old has claimed she is done with eating eggs...lol

5. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    x2
    Exactly. Common glitches are like double yolk eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by