All 5 EE's lay cream colored eggs, will it change?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mamagardener, Sep 25, 2009.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

My 5 EE's are all laying cream colored eggs, they have only been laying for about a month now. Will the color change at all, or will it stay the same? I was hoping for different colors, the cream isn't bad but I wanted colorful eggs.

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I dont believe so. The shade can change, it can go a bit lighter or darker, but the color wont change.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  3. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Sorry to tell you this but I'm pretty sure that when a chicken lays an egg that's the color she will always lay. It may have a bit of tint to it now and again, but it's the same general color. [​IMG]

4. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

That stinks, because the main reason I got the EE's in the first place was for color. Thanks for the replies.

5. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    nope, they laid that color but it will mainly stay that color...your wanting the blue and green eggs I assume...so go in search of someone that sells EEs that do that, and then buy pullets and see if that helps...not sure if it will as a hen lays whats in her body.....

but you would be a step closer....ur wanting this:

[​IMG]
    I wanted DARK DARK BLUES AND GREENS...LOL the green I can get like an army green...but blues...hmmm nope.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by