All about Amberlinks!

Zira 17 weeks 1st egg.jpg
Our Amberlink hen is very friendly. She is always the first one at the gate to greet us. Today at 17 weeks and three days she was the first one to lay an egg (at least that is what we think). A very nice medium sized egg; not bad for the first one! I think her color is very pretty as well.

Newbie here, looking for some insight. I have an Amberlink chick approximately 10 weeks old. My chick has a decent size comb, and is feathered all white. Pullet or roo? I've done a fair amount of research which has only succeeded in confusing me further, as I've read that only pullets are white (roos are beige), and I've seen pics of hens with large combs. I've also read that only roos have combs, and I've seen pics of white roos. I'm so confused. Perhaps I just need to wait until it either crows or lays an egg? Any thoughts?

Newbie here, looking for some insight. I have an Amberlink chick approximately 10 weeks old. My chick has a decent size comb, and is feathered all white. I've read that only pullets are white (roos are beige), and I've seen pics of hens with large combs. I've also read that only roos have combs, and I've seen pics of white roos.

Our Amberlink hen stayed white a long time too. She started getting more honey colored tones about the time the comb turned red. She has a very good sized comb, in fact it is starting flop to one side a little. Yet she is most definitely a hen -earliest layer in our mixed flock. Unless you see feathers around back and tail getting long, thin, and making a waterfall pattern (or she crows) I wouldn't worry about it! Ill see if I can find a pic of my Amberlink at 10 weeks.

In general how are Amberlink rooster temperaments?
I'll have a rooster. He came out of TSC pullet bin,lol

I had thought he was a Tetralink but he looks like the Amberlinks here. Anyway, so far he has not given me a bit of trouble. He seems mellow and as I watch him out of the corner of my eye when I'm in the chicken run, he appears to do the same about me.
I guess we are both a little weary of each other. :)

I won't be forgetting anytime soon when my EE roo decided he didn't want me around shortly after he turned a year old, and that's been about 5 years ago. :rolleyes:

It is becoming apparent that my "questionable" Amberlink is a roo. He seems mellow and allows us to handle him (we have handled them almost daily since we've brought them home). I'll be watching his behavior for sure as he matures further. He does seem to favor one of my hens over the other, so I hope this won't be a problem. I'd say he's a pretty lucky guy....free room and board and two cute hens to hang out with! I might also add, he is a beautiful bird!

I'll have a rooster. He came out of TSC pullet bin,lol

I had thought he was a Tetralink but he looks like the Amberlinks here. Anyway, so far he has not given me a bit of trouble. He seems mellow and as I watch him out of the corner of my eye when I'm in the chicken run, he appears to do the same about me.
I guess we are both a little weary of each other. :)

I won't be forgetting anytime soon when my EE roo decided he didn't want me around shortly after he turned a year old, and that's been about 5 years ago. :rolleyes:

I just saw this! Well He "Odin" is just over five months and doing very well. He has not been agressive so far and seems very smart. He is fairly gentle with the hens as well. One of my Golden Comets hates him and chases him all over. The two pullets that came with him are wonderful. Not laying yet but it is early. They are sweet and curious and very friendly. Wonderful breed!

Back
Top Bottom