All about me

babsbag

Songster
10 Years
Jan 12, 2010
Anderson, CA
Hi. I joined BYC when my second hen got sick. In the past I had read many helpful posts about cocci and the dosages using corrid so I decided that I needed to join adn maybe someone could help me, or I could help them...somehow. Here is a rundown about me.

) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I have had them about 6 months. I have owned doves, coackatiels, and parakeets, but no chickens, recently. We tried this 30 years ago, but our dogs "interferred" and we didn't have the resources to have the proper coop for them so we never replaced them. We have been city dwellers for years and now live on 5 acres, so chickens for eggs was a must.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 8. 2 roos and 6 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
7 are bantams.
2 NH hens, 1 NH roo.
1 gold laced Wyandotte roo.
1 slived laced wyandotte
1 blue laced red wyandotte
1 Ameraucana, or so I was told.

1 Plymouth barred Rock. A very long story on her. I don't think she knows she is a chicken

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Search engine
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, bee keeping, computers, dairy goats, agility with my dogs

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
DH, 2 boys living on their own, 2 border collie/queensland crss dogs, 5 cats, millions of bees, 7 goats.
I am the technical support person for a Charter School in Northern CA

Glad to be part of this group. Hope that at some point I can be helpful to other members.

-Barbara

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom