All ages together :) ...another reason to love silkies!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    In this video you will see three chicks that are 2 1/2 weeks old, 1 that is 1 1/2 weeks old (my $62.00 chick [​IMG] ) and a lone 2 day old chick. I could never mix ages in my other bantams but silkies are just so laid back and sweet!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Aww watch the itty bitty run in for some of the action!

I love my silkies/showgirls. When it's time to turn the babies out of the brooder I just plunk them in with everyone else. The babies are usually too scared to go downstairs for a few days, but eventually it's all one big happy family.

I've even seen newly introduced babies run right into a pile of sleeping s/sg with nary a problem.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Hey, oldtimegator, you should use the pic of your lavender silkie roo as your avatar. He is sooo beautiful! [​IMG]

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Your suggestion is my command!! Done...

He was only 4 1/2 months old at this pic...I really need to get some good new photos of him, although I can't say that he has changed a lot.

The funniest thing is that his streamers stand up rather than "stream" back... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by