Jubilee orpingtons

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So I just want to add a few hens this year and for awhile I’ve really wanted some jubilee orpingtons! Here are my questions to they live long? Do they do ok with some heat? Are they usually healthy? If you could answer these questions or one or some of them that would be great! Anything else you could add would be helpful! This is my current flock, 4 two year old jersey giants, 1 two year old Buff Orpington, 1 one year old almost two year old blue laced Wyandotte, 2 one year old Cochin roosters, (I’m planning to get rid of one) 1 one year old silkie frizzle mix, 2 one year old silkies and 1 four week old mix hatched by one of my hens. I have a plan for adding new chickens in and so far has worked really well with my other chickens. Would this breed do well with my chickens?

I don’t think they’re any different from your other chickens especially since you already have an Orpington. Same breed just a different color variety. They should be fine.

Here is Jenny my Jubilee, she is 27 weeks old and just laid her first egg today! She is not bossy at all (of course she’s still young yet) but even among the other two pullets (an Australorp and a Buff Orpington) she’s the lowest on the pecking order. I know that doesn’t really answer your question but hope it helps a little bit!

Attachments

• IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom