All chicks Suddenly dying

Sorry for your loss. What is the temperature inside the bathroom in the warmest area near to chicks? Chicks need about 90 degrees the first week, and 85 the second. They need a cooler spot to get to, but no cold draft that might happen with A/C. Pine shavings are good for bedding.

Can you tell us where the chicks came from? Hatchery, feed store, breeder, or hatched from your eggs? Have you seen any pasty butt on vent feathers? Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or other vitamin/electrolyte, and get them drinking water? Did your heat lamp come from a feed store?

Sorry for your loss. What is the temperature inside the bathroom in the warmest area near to chicks? Chicks need about 90 degrees the first week, and 85 the second. They need a cooler spot to get to, but no cold draft that might happen with A/C. Pine shavings are good for bedding.

Can you tell us where the chicks came from? Hatchery, feed store, breeder, or hatched from your eggs? Have you seen any pasty butt on vent feathers? Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or other vitamin/electrolyte, and get them drinking water? Did your heat lamp come from a feed store?
I would say it was 85. It was pretty warm. I got everything from Rural King, a feed store, chicks as well. I only had one that had issues with pasty butt but we checked that daily and cleaned up when it needed it. I only have 1 chick left. She's just standing still, but she peeps if I scoop her up.

Back
Top Bottom