All dead?

Had one hatch out this morning, one more pipped, but nothing else on it in a while. I will give the other eggs till tomorrow....

yea!
jumpy.gif
hatch chickies!

ok, update on my incubator hatching....on day 23 I had one egg hatch, pipped and was out within 30 min....beautiful white chick...
day 24, 2 more eggs hatched, they needed assistance, and day 25 the last 2 that were viable hatched...so I ended up with 5 out of 18...3 weren't fertile, and the rest did not grow adequately.

I am firing up a different incubator tomorrow, the Little Giant, with a fan and humidity control, plus I purchased another thermometer with humidity on it also. I am thinking the last batch had cold spots, due to no fan...I'll try 12 more eggs, lol, I will have baby chicks in my house till Christmas now...too cold to put in the barn even with lamps...getting to 14* at night here....I'll have to wait till they feather out....the rest of my chickens do fine in the cold with no heat added, but these little buggers, not so sure! lol

thanks to all that gave advice...I may have tossed all the eggs if I had not asked. I did hear cheeping in several, so that stopped me immediately!!

I don't do chicken chicks, but those little cotton balls are really dang cute!!! I'll have ducklings in the house all winter... And yes, there's eggs in the bator now too!
I've decided it's perfectly normal to have farm animals in the house!

I have 2 little giant still air incubators,I keep one at 100 and one 99.5,you have to have a good theromenter,get one made just for hatching eggs.I had 3 theromenters from various stores all were different.The ones I use have a piece of plastic under them to make it eaiser to put on top of eggs.Ive read to use from 101 to 103 for temps,but hatch like 25 out of 27,so I don't mess with it.

I bought a digital from walmart that shows humidity, it goes inside the bator, and the one that comes with it, a sheet of plastic...I have one other, but I think that two I have will be sufficient...I am going to try 12 more eggs...the chicks will be 25 days apart in age, I hope they all get along when I add them together...I'll wait till the new ones are a few weeks old...then the fun in February to add to the rest of the flock, hate doing that...ugh!

I bought a digital from walmart that shows humidity, it goes inside the bator, and the one that comes with it, a sheet of plastic...I have one other, but I think that two I have will be sufficient...I am going to try 12 more eggs...the chicks will be 25 days apart in age, I hope they all get along when I add them together...I'll wait till the new ones are a few weeks old...then the fun in February to add to the rest of the flock, hate doing that...ugh!
I hate integration too. Why can't the older ones just be more accepting??? lol

Back
Top Bottom