All FLock vs Starter/Grower feed

macbow

In the Brooder
May 4, 2020
We have 10 ISA browns nearly 23 weeks old. We are getting 8 or 9 eggs every day. Not sure if we have one that is still to start laying. We are feeding the chickens starter/grower feed still, with oyster shell offered free choice. My understanding is that starter/grower feed is typically slightly higher protein that all flock. Is there any problem leaving them on the starter/grower? It is organic and doesn't have the medication. Does the all flock have any advantages over the starter/grower feed? They are also free ranged each day from about 10 or 11am till about 6 or 7 at night

We also have 9 Guinea keets that are 4 weeks old. They are on gamebird starter/grower. Our coop and run has a divider so the chickens are already somewhat acclimated to the keets. The coop is 8' x 8', with hardware cloth dividing it 5' and 3'. We are wanting to start putting them in together though. Will the keets be okay on the same feed we have the chickens on...whichever we decide on with member input here? Also...should we be okay integrating at this age based on the semi integration to this point?

I want to thank everyone who has ever answered any of my questions to this point. This is really the most enthusiastic and helpful community I have ever experienced via internet!

BTW...we also have 10 Sapphire Gem chicks coming next week. This chicken thing is more contagious than covid by a long shot!! LOL!

I'm thinking "All Flock" has a little higher protein percentage than "Starter/Grower". Check the nutrient tag. I use either / or depending on price.

We also have 9 Guinea keets that are 4 weeks old. They are on gamebird starter/grower.

Will the keets be okay on the same feed we have the chickens on.
From Raising Guineas
They should stay on the higher Protein feed for 8 weeks.
20190418_125242.jpg

GC
ETA; I feed my Pullets after 10 weeks old and my Hens a Non-Medicated Starter-Grower or All-Flock Crumble 18 to 20% Protein whichever is cheaper or available when I'm at TSC with Oyster Shells in a separate container.
20200826_085251_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom