All from the same hen?

lsv313

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 23, 2010
Everett, WA
I am totally new to chickens and just got my first eggs ever this week! The 3 eggs on the left are from the same hen - our GLW. Today we got the one on the right - could this be from the same hen, or has another one begun to lay? My first thought is a different hen, but there is alot of color variation in the other 3 which are from the same one. I'd like to know what someone with more experience thinks! The others it could be are a BO, EE, or Sicilian buttercup. Thanks for your input!
big_smile.png

63882_downsized_1209101746.jpg

While some variation in shades of color is normal in a bird that has just started laying and is still "working out the kinks" so to speak, that last egg is far too big a color difference to be the same hen. It also appears to be a different shape than the other three. I would bet that your buttercup is laying now too. Congrats!

Yup! Your GLW and BO should be light brown, but that egg is definitely White, which would be the buttercup, and hopefully the EEs eggs will be a lovely blue or green.

Also, are you sure that all 3 of the brown eggs are from your GLW, the one in the middle looks different, could you BO have laid too???

Back
Top Bottom