All I do is complain to you guys...

To the suggestion that I leave dh with the kids....
th.gif

He has NO patience. He grew up in a super-strict military family, and he doesn't remember what it's like to be a kid. The kids would be miserable, and he probably would be too. Some men make good moms, but he is not one of them.

Quote:
Where'd you hear it from? if you don't mind me asking.
wink.png

Don't laugh, but it was probably Dr. Phil. I swear I don't watch his show. Must have absorbed it through osmosis or something.

Ahh, i heard it on John tesh
wink.png
(Radio show that broadcasts on a lot of different stations/has his own website) he gives a lot of articles in "How to better you're life" in everything you'd need pretty much.

Quote:
Don't laugh, but it was probably Dr. Phil. I swear I don't watch his show. Must have absorbed it through osmosis or something.

wink.png
(Radio show that broadcasts on a lot of different stations/has his own website) he gives a lot of articles in "How to better you're life" in everything you'd need pretty much.

That comes on when I drive home from night classes, his voice reminds me of my 2nd husband.

The "I feel" statements were out when I was in Jr High, we actually had a YEAR LONG class entirely for conflict management mandatory in 7th grade with a hippie teacher nut who thought everyone "needed a hug", I forgot all about her till now... lol bet she hasn't forgotten me!
gig.gif

Quote:
wink.png

That comes on when I drive home from night classes, his voice reminds me of my 2nd husband.

The "I feel" statements were out when I was in Jr High, we actually had a YEAR LONG class entirely for conflict management mandatory in 7th grade with a hippie teacher nut who thought everyone "needed a hug", I forgot all about her till now... lol bet she hasn't forgotten me!
gig.gif

Yeah they've been around a long time no doubt, lately not many people use it or even know about it, it seems.

We're both teachers, so here when one of us is frustrated with the "i feel statements", "this is not your bloody sociology homework buddy"..... uh.... not that I ever loose my pacience....
wink.png

she couldn't, I was the only one carying that day
smile.png
But I can relate to the hubby in this case (well maybe?)

Because guys focus on the huge problem and hope their partner can steer them through the day to day stuff. It's those minute detailed things that have us all screwed up. I'm sure there is more to the story here, but I have dropped the ball like this before. Unless you ask your hubby he'll NEVER admit somethings bugging him.

Man Law -

Quote:

gig.gif

Yeah they've been around a long time no doubt, lately not many people use it or even know about it, it seems.

I learned that thru my family counseling. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You just have to use your "thinking" cells to do it.

My hubby is not one of those military family type of strict displine. His father worked at a prison sometimes all afternoon and thru 3rd shift while his mother had nothing to do with him (she watches her soap opera all the time). So he was pretty much on his own and get into mischief at times while at school. Didn't do drugs or stealing things. He never had any cousins to play with but he loves kids but sometimes his patience can be tested at times. Sometimes he can be a hard headed, stubborn guy but his compassion toward elderly and kids, thinks of others before himself can be wonderful and awful, depending what the situation would be. Funny, we are still learning about each other and grow as we get older. I think the experience is what counts and it is ok to make mistakes we didn't know at the time such has misunderstanding about information on the news, book reading, radio announcements, schedules, etc. When he says WHEN? I would tell him the date. He gets a little irratiated about my response and asked again, WHEN? I told him the date again. He sighed and gets a little upset. Then it clicked on me that he wants to know WHAT TIME the appointment for my PT is! I asked him, oh, you want to know WHAT TIME is my appointment? He replied its the same thing but yes. No, it is not the same thing....WHEN and WHAT TIME are two different things and no, I dont read his mind all the time LOL! Knucklehead!
lol.png

Boyd, what is the Man's Law??? To keep everything simplified to the one cranial way!
tongue.png

Quote:
Man Law
gig.gif
there is such a thing I'm afraid...

and #1 man law, according to my DH - is "We are not psychic..."

lau.gif

Yes. Although my wife thinks I know what she is talking about, I find myself nodding my head and saying yes dear... please pass the salsa
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom