All i have left of my very first hens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Johnn, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    The very first hens i got 3 years ago were 6 battery hens and a cockerel as you would know over them 5 years some of the first ones died and got replaced now out of then 6 hens all i have left is the cockerel and 1 hen ginger.
    Ginger is 5 years old, she is the boss shes a very nice one dosent chase others away from food unless they try to push her out the way, she still lays and she got caught by a stoat but she rather got away or my cockerel saved her (but then the stoat killed my light sussex)
    Heres rocky:
    [​IMG]
    Heres ginger:
    [​IMG]
    Heres rocky ginger and sweet annie (gingers best friend, who is a retired free range farmed hen) (ginger is on the end, sweetannie middle and its clear which one is rocky) :
    [​IMG]

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    What a sweet looking trio. [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I just love a red hen! My oldest is a red hen too......A golden buff from the Meyer Hatchery. She's four now, and she quit laying a while ago. Daisy just roams the property all day, and she's the only one of my original first three chickens.......Violet was taken by a predator as a young pullet, and Lily passed in the winter of 2010.

Glad you shared your pics!

Sharon

4. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    Quote:they arnt the only hens they are just the cockerels 2 favouraites

5. Featherland26

Featherland26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    England
    I know how you feel johnn, I have lost all my original six hens [​IMG] Its sad but gotta move on and get more chickies!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww, a very sweet bunch. [​IMG]

7. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    They are all very beautiful [​IMG] Especially Rocky! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by