All I want are 8x8 plans!

You'd be wise to take jvls1942 up on his offer. My DH and I narrowly escaped homicide building our coop.

ETA: If you have a nearby high school with a wood shop program, you could always talk to the teacher about having the coop built as a project... Or they could probably do the plans for you if you really feel that you need them. Truth be told, I think you could probably get by on an 8x8 without plans. We have ZERO construction experience and got a decks/sheds book from Home Depot. It took all summer, but it turned out nice.

Last edited:
lau.gif

Quote:
Ann,

Went to the link you posted, nice job. wish I had the materials to finish all my projects around here!
lau.gif
Maybe one day I'll get all the remodeling, building and landscaping done around here.

Quote:
OMG I couldnt agree more.. until I discovered that I had to make any suggestion I made for MY barn seem like it was HIS idea... then there was bliss.... as long as it was his idea it was good..... men!!!
th.gif

We made an 8X8 coop this last spring. We really didn't have plans but your more than welcome to take a look at it. Here are some pictures of it. It's in my journal so I will give you the date and you can search for it there. We have lots of pics throughout the journal so you can look around. Hope that helps a bit
big_smile.png

http://hanginwitmypeeps-breakaway.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html

This is 8x8.I didn't use plans,just kinda wing it.Just simple framing.I think I went 24" on center for the studs just to keep it simple and cheap.Metal roof,snow slides off easy and lasts forever,won't harbor mites. good luck Will
Chicks014.jpg

Quote:
Hey there I had the humitity issue and I added a "SMALL" fan like a desk top fan to circulate the air and the issue is no longer there!!! I am going to add ply wood walls to my barn this summer just make sure that if you add plywood you paint with a oil based paint so that the moisture doesnt get to be a issue! I am going to paint mine with Kilz in WHITE!!! it should make the barn appear lighter inside!!!

Anyone know if kilz can be used and the chickens put back in that night? We get some warm days in Tn ( not right now though ;( ) and it really needs to be painted.

AK_Button_Mama, you have a beautiful boy and Rat Terrier.

Back
Top Bottom