All new to me

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! So glad you joined us!

Thanks, yes the car will still be in there - do you think it will get dusty even if it has a ceiling? The plan I have in my head would be to enclose the entire henhouse with a full door for you to enter it. I'm also thinking of using the plastic milk crates but not sure if they need to be made of wood. I know they need to be off the floor by 2ft. and the house will also have a window, which is already in the garage. I'd like to paint the inside but have read that it's not a good idea since the hens pick at everything.

I think it will get dusty, no matter what, but you can pretty much contain the dust in that room if you're enclosing it completely. I have chicks in a brooder downstairs in my basement and the dust is INCREDIBLE! I am constantly dusting down there, but the chicks are worth the trouble, I think. (Like a dummy, I hatched in the winter.) LOL People use lots of different things for nesting boxes. You can use pretty much anything. I've seen those big white buckets put on their sides, and you cut the lid off so that you have a lip to hold in the straw or wood shavings. Hens like a cozy place to lay. Picture your nesting boxes as cozy little caves and you can't go wrong.....

Back
Top Bottom