all of my chickens in the coop!!

lindsayrussell

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
hi!! recently my chickens have been in the coop in the middle of the day! i’m from washington so right now it starts to get dark at around 4:30 but i went to go see my chickens last week at around one and they were all inside of the coop just standing there, not on the roost or anything. Today I went down there and the same thing happened but one of my chickens was out in the run all alone. She is also the odd one out as well. I don’t know if it’s because there’s a predator around or what but just wanted some input

Could very well be they saw a predator, and seeked shelter. Check to see if there are cats, owls, hawks, or any other daytime predators around your coop/run/backyard area.
If chickens were in mood to turn in for the day, they would have jumped onto roosts. Sometimes, when it gets cloudy, and dark in afternoon,, (not dark evening yet) my chickens will go inside coop and roost.
Hanging around on the coop floor does seem to point, they wanted to get out of the outdoors for some reason.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom