All of My Ducklings Died in 5 Minutes, No Clue Why

This sounds exactly like a thread I read a while back.
What the cause was, was that they had run out of water, so we're very thirsty and drank a lot.
The water was cold, and that led to fast drop in the duckings temperature, and death.
I don't know if that is the cause here, but it is worth considering.
I'm going to wager that's what it was, the state agri animal disease board found nothing in my water supply. But it's odd that this would start happening once they were so old. They were over a month old at this point.

I'm going to wager that's what it was, the state agri animal disease board found nothing in my water supply. But it's odd that this would start happening once they were so old. They were over a month old at this point.
I mean, in rare cases it can happen to people too. That's why if you're incredibly hot, you shouldn't chug near frozen drinks. It will shock your system. At least, that's what I was always warned.

A BYC member who had raised chickens for many years once had a thread her about losing a coop full of new chicks after he had replaced the waterline to that coop. Apparently he had used a new cement product to connect the PVC line, and he thought that was the reason his chicks all died at the same time. They all died the same day the water was turned on.

I mean, in rare cases it can happen to people too. That's why if you're incredibly hot, you shouldn't chug near frozen drinks. It will shock your system. At least, that's what I was always warned.
This happened to my nephew as toddler. Really hot day and he went in the kid pool and went into shock
Seizures and ambulance
Scariest thing my brother ever went through

Back
Top Bottom