All right - lets see if I got this right...

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Be patient with me I haven't had colored quail before. I have only dealt with the wild type and I am still learning the names for the colors. After some research I was wanting to see if I passed the test and named all the colors right.....

I was told by the breeder that this was Italian. Is this the same as a Golden???
16250_100_2850.jpg

Golden Range Rosetta tux??
16250_golden_range-rosetta_tux.jpg

Dark Range Rosetta?
16250_rosetta.jpg

Black Tibetan - British Range??
16250_tibetan-british_range.jpg

Well around the house here it's .... "That little yellow one there..." or "That one with the stripes...." or " That big fat red one..."

The first is a golden, I've not heard them called italians, but there are so many different names for them!

I'm not familiar with the correct 'range' names, but I'll give you what I know.

The second one is a rosetta tuxedo, the 3rd is a dark tibetan tuxedo, and the last is a dark tibetan.

I'm not for 100% sure on #2, since it is different from both #1 and #3, so maybe someone else who knows more than me will come along to help
smile.png

#1 could be the golden range, I've not seen many of those, which would make #2 a regular rosetta, but like I said, I'm not sure.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
or that big ol' breeder or that cull candidate.........

i don't have any idea if you're right or not, but i wanted to take a second to say THOSE ARE SOME GOOD LOOKING BIRDS!!!!!

Thank you guys!! I was wanting to be able to sound like I knew a little bit about the birds that I have. Shelly Thanks so much for you help in IDing my critters.

Back
Top Bottom