All roosters

bunnychick26

Chirping
Feb 25, 2020
I have a pure white silkie rooster who is one and is kind to me but is aggressive towards my boyfriend he charges at him. He is in a blocked off area inside my coop so the pullets who are 4 months old and 2 months old can walk around him and everyone can kinda get used to each other but no contact well one of my girls flew into his area while o was at work and he attacked her. Her ear was bleeding. I took him out of the coop and separated him. I think 2 of my 2 month olds are going to be roosters once they mature is it possible to have all boys together and no girls around or will they fight to the death for the highest rank?

They may get along fine, then again they may not. If your mature rooster did indeed attack a pullet, he may be less kind to cockerels. Have a backup plan ready in case they do not get along.

You are right he probably would be mean to them. Ugh I hate this game of trying to keep everyone safe and liking each other I just wish everyone would get along. He attacked her and put a big gash on her ear lobe. My poor baby

Attachments

• DCACA97D-3B85-4D38-8EE4-0C33D2ACFBB7.jpeg
    DCACA97D-3B85-4D38-8EE4-0C33D2ACFBB7.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 2
  • B131B1AC-515F-487D-9BDA-1FF24AD7B54C.jpeg
    B131B1AC-515F-487D-9BDA-1FF24AD7B54C.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 3
I have an empty dog kennel I have put him in I’m getting him a roof today of sheet metal for when it rains and I think I’m just gonna keep him by his self he tries to attack my boyfriend through the fence sometimes so I think he is very aggressive but he’s not towards me

I personally wouldn't keep a cockerel that charges at me, especially with small children. They can do quite a bit of damage.

As far as a bachelor pad, some people have luck. I did not. I had seven roosters in a pen at one point. They were mating with each other and sometimes the fights got bloody. I ended up rehoming them all.

Back
Top Bottom