All the animals I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list grows pretty fast. I
Same!! Though my list is long and probably unrealistic, very odd animals too :)
Yes, we are keeping all 6. We don’t want them to become a cute Christmas gift (even though starting price would be $1,500) that they don’t want later or becoming a breeding profit, a lot of people don’t have Rottweilers around here but are always looking for them. Oh and 6 kids, 5 girls 1 boy.

So to add to the crazy, I am getting Light Brahmas, Black Laced Silver Wyandotte, and more French Black Marans this spring. Also we are hoping for some Silver Call ducks. The lady we are buying from is going to try to hatch some but we will see what she gets and what we ACTUALLY end up with (which could be anything and everything). We are hoping to also add goats. I would love some Nigerian goats! My husband wants to add Turkeys so we can have our own grown Turkey for Thanksgiving next year. Which I told him fine, but he is cleaning it and that we have to get more than one so we can hatch our own and have a continued supply of Turkeys. Peafowl is on my list of wants to add but I’m not sure my husband is game for that one…I guess we will see. Geese would be cool but I’m worried they will be mean like they are in the wild…maybe it’s different hand raising them.

I would love moo moos (yes I’m 35 and call cows moo moos), but they are expensive to take care of and I wouldn’t want to butcher it. It would have to go to Auction for something like that. Also I would love horses but again expensive and takes a lot of care. Not that I don’t mine the extra expense or extra time but with 6 kids I have to be realistic. So these would be probably AFTER my kids move out….youngest is 2 and depending on when he leaves the home…I’m looking at another 16 years or so….
You have a lot on your plate!
If everything goes according to plan for my breeder then I'll have light brahmas too! And even frizzled ones of the same colour. I also have one black maran hen who refuses to lay (I'm looking at you Lola...)
I'm getting goats soon too, well, if all goes to plan of course :)
I want cows SO BADLYYY, but they also scare the living shit out of me, I've heard so many bad stories and I'm now paranoid of cows :oops:

What kind of pigs? There was a guy we used to help up the road from where I grew up with pigs. They were BIG and MEAN! Especially the boys and the moms when they had babies. A sow died and left babies behind so we took them in and tried to help them but they all died 😭😭
Mine would 100% rip me into peices if i entered his enclosure

Sheep is on the top of my list, and meat rabbits, and quail... maybe turkeys? But I'm a bit doubtful about them.
Oh and geese!
Hey I have sheep! :D Around 50 at the moment,
March is the best month ever, lambs!! :celebrate And I'm getting meat rabbits this summer, though I'll probably get attatched... We'll see
Geese are lovely, they really aren't mean as people say or see, yes they may boss other poultry around, but the worst they do is push everyone else away from the food bowl, and then let them eat after they're done. And maybe hiss at anyone who comes into their personal bubble

Geese would be cool but I’m worried they will be mean like they are in the wild…maybe it’s different hand raising them.
Wild geese aren't really mean, they're just protecting their mate and offspring which may e aggresive sometimes, they'd do anything to save their offspring :) But geese are wonderful! I currently have 4 chinese brown geese, they wouldnt be mean to other poultry except bossing them around a little, nothing harmful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom