All things newbie!

I'm not sure what you mean? He's a sweet boy, we hold him often and the other day when I first saw feathers pulled on his chest, I held him on his back and stroked him and talked to him and he just let his legs flop, laid his head against me and fell asleep 🤣😂 he's a big baby. Maybe that's his problem?
Just laughingly, referring to the pullets/hens plucking him. My girls love to "groom" the males.

Just laughingly, referring to the pullets/hens plucking him. My girls love to "groom" the males.
Oh, haha, I see! I don't even really understand the grooming yet.

I've globbed on stop-pick, but I'm not sure they don't like it. I've watched one of my girls very carefully pull off pieces of dirt and Straw that get stuck in it on his chest, but she doesn't give him the time of day outside of nap time or perching together at night sometimes. Some of the others are less delicate...then there's the one currently in solitary....🙈

I will take whatever advice I can get! He looks ridiculous, and I can't imagine it feels great getting his feathers pulled.....Unless it hurts so good? 😆😅😂😂

On the upside....I sorted out the issue of the hen in solitary knocking over her feeder! ...

Bailor twine macrame! 😁

Attachments

• 20210914_073536.jpg
    20210914_073536.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom