All Time Favorite Book

adeledamate

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I have the summer off and received gift cards from my students to a couple of big book stores and was hoping that people might post some of their all time favorite reads. I prefer to buy books that are recommended. I like just about anything except the cheesy romance novels. Sorry to those of you who like those. All of the other females in my family couldn't survive without them. Anyway....I'd love to hear what you like. Thanks!

I had a customer just bring me a book and ask me to read it. Its called '90 minutes in heaven' .
I am 1/2 way through the book and i have enjoyed reading it. I do not like to read!!!!! I can count on one hand the books i have read
roll.png

So google that and see if it looks interesting to you. Its not a wicked long book, but i thought i would mention it.

One of my most favorite books of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I have read it over and over and over through the years. I also love the movie with Gregory Peck.

My all-time favorite series is called "The Mark of the Lion" by Francine Rivers. There are 3 books in the series and are by far the most well written and entertaining books that I have ever read. When I read them I never want to set them down!
lol.png

Quote:
I had to read that book my Junior year in high school and that book made me cry.

I am one for the "cheesy romance novels" I like anything writen by CT. Adams and Cathy Clamp. They write about vampires(a good one is Touch of Madness) and Sazi people ( found in Howling Moon series people changing into animals). I am currently wating for the next book in the series called Timeless Moon. They really aren't that Cheesy to me but....

Another of my favorite books are Goodnight Gracie where a Teenage girl named Morgan has a best friend who is a teenaged boy named Jimmy who grew up together and do everything together untill one night when something happens to Jimmy and Morgan becomes scared and lost. I can't say much more or i'll ruin the book but this book is awsome, my cousin Elizabeth and i are nothing alike and we both read this book over and over and we cry each time.

If there is one book i don't like and would never ever recommend to anyone it would be Sadhartha I don't even know if I spelled it right but I had to read it when I was in my great books class and man did I ever have to drag myself through it
sad.png
But then we read Les miserables and I was happy cause I liked that book
smile.png

I enjoy Fantasy..... you can't go wrong with the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy... they're epic

I like R. A. Salvatores Dark Elf books, but not for everyone

The original Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The Bridges of Madison County..... yeah, I HATE cheesy romance novels... but this is one GREAT book!

I'm afraid I'm not much of a New York Times Bestseller gal
tongue.png
I don't read your typical novels. If you go to Amazon and start saving favorites and what not it will suggest books for you based on your preferences... plus you can read reviews, etc.

Quote:
Little House in the Big Woods - when I taught 3/4 grades I would read this book after lunch recess and when appropriate male it a do along. Laura talks about pig tail, I brought in pork rind to taste. Laura describes butter maiking, the students shook baby food jars and made butter. A few minutes of reading a day and I am sure I made an impression both in reading and thinking.

The Little House books were a start to think about life without, well without what I had. My maternal grandmother grew up living in a soddy, rode a horse, bareback, to school. I was driven to school in a family van/car. How can I explain to my students the changes in such a shor time? LOL - but that is the challenge!

ok OMG!! so pearlID and i agree that :fresh eggs " by rob leuandowski(sp?) is AMAZING!!!!! its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! its a fiction book.. we both finished it in the first sitting it was sooooo goood... took me 12 hours to read... only took her 3...lol.. but it was still awesome!!

Little House in the Big Woods - when I taught 3/4 grades I would read this book after lunch recess and when appropriate male it a do along. Laura talks about pig tail, I brought in pork rind to taste. Laura describes butter maiking, the students shook baby food jars and made butter. A few minutes of reading a day and I am sure I made an impression both in reading and thinking.

The Little House books were a start to think about life without, well without what I had. My maternal grandmother grew up living in a soddy, rode a horse, bareback, to school. I was driven to school in a family van/car. How can I explain to my students the changes in such a shor time? LOL - but that is the challenge!

You sound like a great teacher! I loved teachers like you when I was lucky enough to get them!

My favorites are

Where the Red Fern Grows....I cry everytime!!

Scarlett...finally get some closure on that..the tv miniseries sucked really bad

90 min in Heaven was a good one

Captivating

I'm sure that there are more, but I can't think of them right now​

Back
Top Bottom