all who are hatching quail

Nothing here either, and its day 20 in three hours for japanese quail so also 3 days late. Could put a fan in although I wanted to keep it fairly simple design as the intention (admittedly I may get hooked though so it may change!) is to hatch 4 plain jap for me then sell or process the remaining ones from that hatch (dog is raw fed so if I cant find them homes she wouldnt say no bones and all), and then tweak conditions for a better hatch rate and hatch 6 more interesting colours like tuxedos or golden giants and that would be my total flock.

How do you recalibrate?

Hi I hope to hatch 7 coturnix and 9 bobwhite IN THE SAME INCUBATOR, and I need some help!!
It's my first time soo...
What temp do I need ?
What humidity do I need?
How do I measure humidity?
How can I prevent spraddle leg?(or what ever it is called)

My incubator
I have automatic turner too

Thanks!

ONE just hatched!! Didnt even see a pip but an hour later one is bouncing round the incubator floor looking demented amd cheeping the place down!

Hi I hope to hatch 7 coturnix and 9 bobwhite IN THE SAME INCUBATOR, and I need some help!!
It's my first time soo...
What temp do I need ?
What humidity do I need?
How do I measure humidity?
How can I prevent spraddle leg?(or what ever it is called)

Coturnix & bobwhites have different hatch timelines. So if you don't have a separate hatcher you'll need to set the bobwhites first. Bobwhites take 20-23days & Coturnix take 16-19days. Temp I would say 99.5º to 100.4º and humidity between 45% & 55%. Now this is just what I gathered from research I've done. They're are tons of people on here that could answer your questions better. You may just try another thread.

I have 84 eggs on the turner in the incubator I'm nervous on taking them off the turner because its in the lower 70's outside. Do I take the turner all the way out.....do I need to hurry?

Back
Top Bottom