all who are hatching quail

Me too, first hatch so keep looking in every hour for movement or pips, no joy! Started wondering if the thermometer humidty meter are wrong and generally assuming they are all dead. 25 made it to day 10 so I keep telling myself one or two should hatch, however none are moving or wiggling and no pips or signs of life :( . Maybe they are just slow, for me its day 19 now so its not that bad!
what kind of thermometer do you have? Does it sit on the eggs? what kind of incubator? I have a still air little giant incubator. The thermometer i had said the temp was right in the middle but the eggs never hatched. Bought a second thermometer and set it directly on the eggs and found out the temp was only 88 down lower where the eggs were...

Homemade styrofoam still air incubator using a reptile thermostat to regulate temp, the sensor only goes to 95 so is on same area as eggs furthest from light and 2inch below so the eggs are sitting at 100 according to digital thermometer and humidity meter in one which is dead centre (just a little 3.95 one from ebay so could be wrong:( )

Any joy? Mine still havent hatched, am thinking about ordering more on the assumption these arent going to hatch, then if they do I will be delighted and have more coming and if not I can clear out and clean then try again straight away!
I am still waiting as well but mine are only on day 22 and Bob Whites do not hatch until day 23 - 24. I am not giving up until the bitter end.

Homemade styrofoam still air incubator using a reptile thermostat to regulate temp, the sensor only goes to 95 so is on same area as eggs furthest from light and 2inch below so the eggs are sitting at 100 according to digital thermometer and humidity meter in one which is dead centre (just a little 3.95 one from ebay so could be wrong:( )
I bought a cheap reptile combo pack with thermometer and humidity meter(can't remember what they are called) for like $13 at petco and it works great. I added a digital refrigerator temp gauge from walmart for $5 too just for added security.

25 georgia giant bobwhites and 35 jumbo brown and A&M (half and half) eggs going into the incubator tomorrow. 'Along with 5 red golden pheasant eggs.

You know putting a fan in there is a snap, then it wont be a still air, get a computer fan and an ac adapter that puts out 12 volts (i have actually used an 8-9 volt one,probably a bad idea but.. ) then you're going to need to do something about that thermostat...

Back
Top Bottom