all who are hatching quail

i knew there was more
someone mentioned putting the eggs on end, last time i had them all on their sides. if i should put them on end then i just flip to other end every morning and night? so round end then pointy end over and over?
pointy end ALWAYS down lean from 45 degrees one side to 45degrees other side. HTH

So I get 8-9 eggs everyday and I want to fill my turning rack witch holds 120 eggs how long can I hold on to my eggs (so I can put them in all together) and they still be good for hatching?

So I get 8-9 eggs everyday and I want to fill my turning rack witch holds 120 eggs how long can I hold on to my eggs (so I can put them in all together) and they still be good for hatching?
I believe ten days is the longest you should hold them.

I use a 3 day rule, others here that are much smarter than myself say 10 days.
proper storage and handling are a key factor. Good Luck

I have coturnix, bobwhites, and a pair of red golden pheasants in a large aviary. I noticed today that someone has built a nice little nest. I found 4 coturnix eggs, 8 bobwhites and one pheasant egg all in the same nest. Silly birds.

I have coturnix, bobwhites, and a pair of red golden pheasants in a large aviary. I noticed today that someone has built a nice little nest. I found 4 coturnix eggs, 8 bobwhites and one pheasant egg all in the same nest. Silly birds.

Thats a great story!, I wonder if the hens are gonna take turns setting?

Bet you were surprised to find that dukes mixture, I would have been.

The bobs are laying?!? My mom told me she got a pure white egg yesterday, but I wasnt home to see where it came from...

The bobs are laying?!? My mom told me she got a pure white egg yesterday, but I wasnt home to see where it came from...

I expect they are, today I watched a wild pair that were obviously breeding and did not want to get separated because I had to drive very slowly
as they were trotting down my driveway in front of my truck, they trotted straight in front of me for 50-75 yards if it weren't breeding time they would have broken rank and flown.

I love Bobs maybe I should raise some...

I expect they are, today I watched a wild pair that were obviously breeding and did not want to get separated because I had to drive very slowly
as they were trotting down my driveway in front of my truck, they trotted straight in front of me for 50-75 yards if it weren't breeding time they would have broken rank and flown.

I love Bobs maybe I should raise some...
Me and Titika live very close, so if her bobs are laying that means mine should start very soon! I looked at the egg my mom found. It definitely isn't coturnix, but it is pretty big so I don't know who layed it

Back
Top Bottom