all who are hatching quail

It is pure white and pointy, so it is a bobwhite, but I have northern, white, and snowflake bobwhites so I wont know who laid it til my mom goes and shows me which pen it came from....

Did you see "the waterboy"

"I cant right now my momma is sleeping"..."Well wake her @$$ up!"

No no, my momma says quail are the DEBBIL!

"Benjamin franklin didn't invent no electricity, I invented electricity!"

Last edited:
ok my next question, i dont have an auto turner so everyday i have to open the cooler and move the eggs manually, this take probably 3 minutes maybe 5. the temp usually drops to about 96.5 during this. is this going to effect the hatch rate? and how oftn daily should i turn them? is once daily enough?

Thanks John

ok my next question, i dont have an auto turner so everyday i have to open the cooler and move the eggs manually, this take probably 3 minutes maybe 5. the temp usually drops to about 96.5 during this. is this going to effect the hatch rate? and how oftn daily should i turn them? is once daily enough?

Thanks John

How many eggs are you incubating? It takes only a few sec to roll my 28 eggs. I turn them about 3 times a day.

How many eggs are you incubating? It takes only a few sec to roll my 28 eggs. I turn them about 3 times a day.
i have 30 in a styro foam cooler sitting end on end so im leaning them 45 degrees on way then 45 deg the other way but tis crowded and their sitting on 1/4 in square material so when i lean 1 or two a different one falls lol its kind of a pain to do. i rolled my last batch of 9 and only 2 hatched. i did change my incubator setup this time as i was having a 5 degree temp difference. now im down to a 2 degree temp difference. but i have these end on end as someone suggested so i'd have a better hatch rate hopefully. so is once a day enough or do i need to do at least 2 a day?

Thanks John

and btw thanks for the responses both of you :)

Last edited:
John, any time I hand turn a clutch, I turn 3X per day 6 am 2 pm and 10 pm and I consider that the minimum.

I have a technique that I wish I could show you because I don't know how to describe it to you.

What part of the world do you live?

im in Ocala/Silver Springs Florida
i think alot of my problem is my fingers, i was a diesel mechanic for 25 years and my fingers are kinda numbed out and a bit of arthritis in a few knuckles so i kinda bumble around in there i guess.
my concern is having the lid off the incubator drops the temp by 3 or 4 degrees

Back
Top Bottom