all who are hatching quail

Hey "All who are hatching quail", you know I was thinking, instead of incubating at roughly 99.5 degrees for 18 days I hypothesize that we incubate at 7164 degrees for a period of 6 hours....

clap.gif
6 hours seems like more than enough wait to me! ;)

i havent hatched anything before but my quail are startin to lay and i am slowly buildin an incubator to try things out. super exciting.

how long is advised to wait after your hens start layin before you hatch out from them? and why the wait? i know i have read about this but i cant recall the why and how long to wait.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Trees flash boil and explode between 1000-1600 degrees, so logically, quail eggs should be fine at 7200*.

Did you have any insight as to where we should be keeping our humidity at?

clap.gif
6 hours seems like more than enough wait to me! ;)

i havent hatched anything before but my quail are startin to lay and i am slowly buildin an incubator to try things out. super exciting.

how long is advised to wait after your hens start layin before you hatch out from them? and why the wait? i know i have read about this but i cant recall the why and how long to wait.
on quail usually wait for first 3 eggs from hen the eggs get to full size and chicks will be bigger and healthier, also first eggs might not be fertile

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Trees flash boil and explode between 1000-1600 degrees, so logically, quail eggs should be fine at 7200*.

Did you have any insight as to where we should be keeping our humidity at?

Well, if my calculations are correct about 3600%

on quail usually wait for first 3 eggs from hen the eggs get to full size and chicks will be bigger and healthier, also first eggs might not be fertile

thanks. i only have 5 right now and so far i am like 98% sure the one is a roo and i know at least one is a hen because i am gettin some eggs and yesterday i got two eggs so maybe two hens goin now. the roo i have seen goin at one but didnt catch who the bottom was.. and walkin by about an hour later i found my first egg.

hmm.. so when you have a roo in with your hens, the eatin eggs can you see like a speck or something on the yolk to tell the roo has been doin his job? i want them for eggs and do a bit of hatching for help with feed money. so like would i see sometimes a red dot on a yolk and that egg would have been fertile then?

thanks. i only have 5 right now and so far i am like 98% sure the one is a roo and i know at least one is a hen because i am gettin some eggs and yesterday i got two eggs so maybe two hens goin now. the roo i have seen goin at one but didnt catch who the bottom was.. and walkin by about an hour later i found my first egg.

hmm.. so when you have a roo in with your hens, the eatin eggs can you see like a speck or something on the yolk to tell the roo has been doin his job? i want them for eggs and do a bit of hatching for help with feed money. so like would i see sometimes a red dot on a yolk and that egg would have been fertile then?
here is some thing that can help you https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures in this link you will see photos of fertile chicken eggs quail are the same.

Back
Top Bottom