all who are hatching quail

Ive hatched chickens before and im starting peasants and quail just wondering are these guys tough to hatch?
Coturnix are super easy, dont know about pheasants....other types of quail are a little tougher. What quail and pheasants are you getting? All my quail types are in my signature and I will be adding Ringneck Pheasants, Melanistic Ringnecks, and Red Golden Pheasants soon!

Ive been raising coturnix and ringnecks for about 4 months ive been raising chickens for as long as i can remember and im just starting to turn the quail into a little buisness selling eggs and birds to pay for the feed im starting to realize that the moneys not in the eggs but the chicks. after this im just gonna buy a better one i tried building a cooler bator (to hard to regulate without a thermostat) and then tried and old incubator i found from 86 there in there right now but it had a gearbox egg turner but that stopped working so im hand turning them now its great holding the tempature they are in day 5 of the hatch

Ive been raising coturnix and ringnecks for about 4 months ive been raising chickens for as long as i can remember and im just starting to turn the quail into a little buisness selling eggs and birds to pay for the feed im starting to realize that the moneys not in the eggs but the chicks. after this im just gonna buy a better one i tried building a cooler bator (to hard to regulate without a thermostat) and then tried and old incubator i found from 86 there in there right now but it had a gearbox egg turner but that stopped working so im hand turning them now its great holding the tempature they are in day 5 of the hatch
Oh cool! Coturnix, the money is definitely in live birds! when you can sex them it goes up even more! The coturnix are super fun to hatch, especially if you have a goal in mind ( egg production, bigger meat birds, or different color varieties) This is my first go around with pheasants so it will be fun to see how that goes....

Oh cool! Coturnix, the money is definitely in live birds! when you can sex them it goes up even more! The coturnix are super fun to hatch, especially if you have a goal in mind ( egg production, bigger meat birds, or different color varieties) This is my first go around with pheasants so it will be fun to see how that goes....

Yeah Ive got a pharaoh roo with tibetan hens and a a@m hen so they should look cool

I have just raised my first quails from eggs I had posted. We've kept three - two girls and a boy (we had a lot of boys). Both girls are laying. I popped the first seven eggs in an incubator and at least three are developing. So exciting.
Has anyone ever had any quails actually go broody and hatch her own babies? Do you take her away from the boy?

Whilst my quail don't like to be held, when they are allowed to roam they always choose to climb onto my shoulder. So cute.

It can happen that a hen sit her eggs, she's not very likely to sit full term.

And for a coturnix to raise her own young, the odds are astronomically against it.

Hey everybody I got a little problem. So a few days ago 7 of my coturnix got out of their cage because my little brother left the door open. They are in my woods right now and I penned all the othera in a new pen and left the door open hoping they would return but they haven't :( will they survive in the woods all summer?

Back
Top Bottom