all who are hatching quail

We hatched 9 button quails this week (this was our first time incubating quail). We used the Brinsea Mini Advance (love that incubator! We could easily see everything happening and take plenty of photos and video.) It's been such a fun week!
Those are just precious!

My quail eggs are still hatching, albeit late (we lost power for a bit the other day when lightening hit a transformer down the road). So far I've got 36 that are completely hatched out. It's my first time with quail, too, and I can't believe I've waited this long to get them.
smile.png

Those are just precious!

My quail eggs are still hatching, albeit late (we lost power for a bit the other day when lightening hit a transformer down the road). So far I've got 36 that are completely hatched out. It's my first time with quail, too, and I can't believe I've waited this long to get them.
smile.png

That's so scary when you lose power! Then you have to play the waiting game, wondering what the results will be. Congrats on the 36 so far! How many more to go?

There are a good 20 more eggs left, but I didn't candle all of the eggs, just a couple every now and again when I turned them. And over the course of time I'd found several that were clear. So out of those left, I really don't know how many of those have even developed.

0.jpg

here are my coturnix quail.
we seem to have 1 tuxedo and 3 tibetan . think all the others arejust standard but imnot sure as there are lighter coloured ones as well!
also the temp reading is wrong on the thermometer.

here are my coturnix quail.
we seem to have 1 tuxedo and 3 tibetan . think all the others arejust standard but imnot sure as there are lighter coloured ones as well!
also the temp reading is wrong on the thermometer.
Hey thats a pretty cool waterer where did you get it? i just hatched 8 of 15 and i ended up with 6. 2 died one drowend and the other one was sickly.

I got my waterers like that at TSC, or you can get them online. Just search for quail waterer and you'll find them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom