all who are hatching quail

I think I was using fuzzymath, my bad. If you used my calculator you would make more money though BUhahaha.... so $25 for 100 is .25 per egg. That seems to be the going rate. I have only purchased eggs through ebay sellers, it may be different somewhere else. bobwhites and valley quail seem to fetch more per egg.

I'm potentially planning to be in your area in a couple of weeks and would love to pick up 100 eggs if you have any available from your JMF quail by then!  :)

I don't have my JMF quail yet, I am thinking of ordering them the end of Sept. I actually turned off my incubator last night, it has been running non-stop since early March. I am going on a hunting trip on mid Sept and will not incubate more eggs until I get back. Thinking of ordering the JMF eggs to be delivered and start incubate the last week of Sept.
You are welcome to get some of my regular quail eggs if you want some.

Quote: For the quaility birds you will raise, you can't beat the price. I have other Texas A&Ms (from a breeder that I will not divulge) that are 1/2 the size of my JMF quail. One of those "other" males is so small, he can't mount a JMF hen. So, check out his website, then pick up the phone and tell him James the Bald recommended you (and no, I don't get a refereal fee or comission). The phone call for you may be a local call.
Also, if I lived as close to JMF as you do, I would see if I could arrange some type of egg pickup in a public location. For various reasons, he doesn't do tours anymore, so I don't know if he would allow any visitors to his business. If it worked out, you could save your eggs the "shake" they are going to get when the USPS gets a hold of them.
James

If anyone is interested in some eggs I'll do a special on my coturnix eggs!!!! I'll do 30 cents an egg on as many as you want~! Also have button quail and texas A&M for 50 cents!!!!

do they mix and match eggs, to get the lower prices? or is it X eggs of a single type?

I was wondering the same thing.

Momhunter, I only managed to turn my incubator off for a couple of weeks, when I had intended to be done for the year!
roll.png

Oops I just placed an order too!
wee.gif

They did accept a 1/2 & 1/2 order when ordering 100 eggs and were very helpful.

EGGCITED!

I was wondering the same thing.

Momhunter, I only managed to turn my incubator off for a couple of weeks, when I had intended to be done for the year! :rolleyes:

Oops I just placed an order too! :weee

They did accept a 1/2 & 1/2 order when ordering 100 eggs and were very helpful.

EGGCITED!

I know, incubating is addictive!!!! But I'm always very busy in the fall, hunting as much as possible, so will not hatch as many as I did all summer. Very exciting for several of us to raise these birds. I'm planning on weighing at 6 weeks, cull the smallest 1/2 of the males, then recheck weights at 8 weeks. At eight weeks will keep only the best 25-30% of hens and the largest Roos to have one per 3-4 hen.

Iceoldhen what type of eggs did you decide on? Robbie was great on the phone with me and suggested the JM pharaoh. I might get done of their A&Ms next time. After all I am an aggie living in Texas!

Iceoldhen what type of eggs did you decide on? Robbie was great on the phone with me and suggested the JM pharaoh. I might get done of their A&Ms next time. After all I am an aggie living in Texas!

I ordered JM Pharaohs, and split a second order between A&Ms and Golden Manchurians! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom