all who are hatching quail

The problem is here in the Philippines most of Breeder of Japanese Taiwan Quail (Chinese Quail) the control the breed. They only sell the already crossed bread quail. Is it possible to import Quail from other country?

Hi guys follow up Question for those whos breeding Japanese quail. Here in the Philippines i brought 5,200.00 pcs a days old Japanese quail for Egg Productions. They can easily determine a day old Chicks is it true? I've seen the Female are Golder Brown while the Male have stripes black. The question is... Is it really the chick of Japanese Quail or Cross Breed?
Hi,

Yes it is possible to sex "Some" Japanese quail chick on hatching. You use sex linked .In your photo of the chick, you'll see two coloured chick, Normal males and cinnamon females. How you get these is, Use a cinnamon male and normal females. It's quite hard to find cinnamon males but if you have cinnamon females this is what you can do.

Normal ♂ x Cinnamon ♀ = 50% normal/cinnamon ♂ 50% Normal ♀. Take a normal/cinnamon ♂ from this and pair up with a cinnamon ♀.

Normal/cinnamon ♂ x cinnamon ♀ = 25% normal/cinnamon ♂, 25%cinnamon ♂ 25% normal ♀ and 25% cinnamon ♀. Next cross

Cinnamon ♂ X normal ♀ = 50% Normal/cinnamon ♂ and 50% cinnamon♀ .

This is how it's done. Hope this is of some help to you.

Ironsun.

That cinnamon Male is Maybe a Japanese Taiwan or Chinese Quail.

... Japanese Taiwan is not ideal for Egg production. Why? because it drops an Egg around 60 to 90 days. Which is too much feeds they consume before they lay eggs its not profitable. And besides Japanese Taiwan has a weak respiratory which is prone to any deceases. They Lays Eggs not as Many as Japanese Quail but their Eggs is much bigger than Japanese Quail. Japanese Quail is a small breed because of being small they eat less but they lay more eggs. The only unique characteristics of Japanese Taiwan Quail is ... you can separate a day old chicks from Male and Female.

The Secret is This.

Japanese Taiwan Male is crossed with Japanese Quail. Sometimes they call it hybrid quail (just to keep it secret). The advantage is you can easily recognized a day old Male and Female. The female are small they eat less they Lays more Eggs.

But remember the crossed breed Male are not good for breeding. Male must be pure breed Japanese Taiwan Quail.

Hey everyone! I'm on hatch day #10 with my very first batch of coturnix quail and they're starting to feel different weight-wise when I turn them. Not a very scientific method but since I had such a hard time seeing anything through the speckled shells when I was candling and I dropped one that was developing when handling them I'm done messing with them lol!
tongue.png

I still can't believe anything is going to come out of eggs so small! Guess I just have to wait and hope from here!
fl.gif

GAH! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

I've just got an IP camera up and running so I can watch my eggies on hatch day while I am at work. Mine are due on the 17th/18th :)

I was unsuccessful at candling, so just leaving them to it. What did you use for humidity during lockdown? I'm thinking sponge, but I'm worried it may take up too much room in my tiny incubator.

GAH! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

I've just got an IP camera up and running so I can watch my eggies on hatch day while I am at work. Mine are due on the 17th/18th :)

I was unsuccessful at candling, so just leaving them to it. What did you use for humidity during lockdown? I'm thinking sponge, but I'm worried it may take up too much room in my tiny incubator.
That is a genius idea! I might have to rig something with my ipad or something because I don't want to miss a minute of their hatching either lol! Sounds like our are going to be hatching right around the same time.
jumpy.gif
How fun! We'll have to swap baby photos lol! When I was testing the incubator I was successful at getting the humidity to the right range by just adding warm water the dish I have in there for water all the time then sprinkling a little on the towel I have in the bottom. I'm pretty low-tech with my setup though ha!.

Can't wait to see some updates on your hatch!
yippiechickie.gif

Bottle caps are an excellent idea... by the time the chicks have hatched the water should have dried up - so they won't drown! I can't believe some of the things I have read about chicks drowning in water dishes! I've just bought a rabbit bottle today to see if they will be able to drink out of it. Was like £1.60 so didn't break the bank
tongue.png

I'm just starting out and have 5 Chinese quail. 2 female. I am happy with their set up, diet and lighting. I am hoping they go on the lay soon so I can get some in to my incubator. Really new to it all. I'm just paranoid they don't lay lol I'm always looking in from a distance and hopeful every morning but nothing as yet. Fingers crossed for quite soon

Back
Top Bottom