all who are hatching quail

Nope we just call our coop La Casa. My husband nicknamed it that when we were building it.

The first version:

The second "after chicken/quail math struck" version. Yup the run is 60 feet long:D Bigger coop on this end:

With a mini coop for chicks on this end:

We have two more added now that are called the hacienda and the "chicken strip". And the quail run, with the "quail ho-tail". Haha :D

Typically between 5 and 7 weeks the male's heads will begin to darken and the stripes should start to get lighter. The females stay the tannish color they are born with.

Nope we just call our coop La Casa. My husband nicknamed it that when we were building it.

The first version:

The second "after chicken/quail math struck" version. Yup the run is 60 feet long:D Bigger coop on this end:

With a mini coop for chicks on this end:
Very nice, I had a laugh with the "hacienda" XD
I'm have put the 24 eggs in the incubator now. I was candeling them and i found two with the shell broken, I also put it in the incubator. I hope they will hatch if they are fertile.

The eggs with cracks will dehydrate away. In a few days they will be totally dry and mostly empty.
Too bad that there are't many chances of anything coming out of those eggs
But I'm going to wait and see what happen

Stranger things have happened and you don't have anything to lose.
Thanks for your support :D
What day i can candle the eggs. Today I candled them and I only watch a small vein or something similar, but not in color red. I used a 100W bulb and I can see very well what is inside the shell. I'm watching photos about candled quail eggs, but i see that is very hard to look inside the egg....
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom