all who are hatching quail

That is a serious setup you have there! Whoa! :drool

Like I said...go big or go home! LOL...I kind of stumbled into this deal buying an operation that had two incubators and a hatcher...then my aunt finds out what I'm doing and gives me two more incubators and another hatcher! They quit raising chickens a couple of years ago and still had all the gear. She gave me two brooder towers as well but I'm having difficulty getting the heat regulated in them. Guess I've got two days to figure it out!

What is the water test, thanks
smile.png
It is a method of testing eggs for viability. Here is a very descriptive thread on how to go about doing it.

Once you get enough practice incubating you wont have to mess with things like that but until you get the hang of it, it is good to have some diagnostic tools to give you some feedback.

I used this method, but in some eggs,I had the same results as the developing embryo eggs. Alright, all the fertile eggs floated without problems, anyone sinked. Yesterday I water tested the eggs and some of the alive embryos they rocked a little bit.
I think it's a good method, but i prefer candle the eggs, I can see the veins and that is sure that they have a baby inside.
I have a question, Tomorrow they are going to hatch my button quails, I candled them but I only see veins in some of them, the other are all black, and I can see anything. That means the embryo is completly developed?
Thanks

I used this method, but in some eggs,I had the same results as the developing embryo eggs. Alright, all the fertile eggs floated without problems, anyone sinked. Yesterday I water tested the eggs and some of the alive embryos they rocked a little bit.
I think it's a good method, but i prefer candle the eggs, I can see the veins and that is sure that they have a baby inside.
I have a question, Tomorrow they are going to hatch my button quails, I candled them but I only see veins in some of them, the other are all black, and I can see anything. That means the embryo is completly developed?
Thanks
Usually when the egg is completely dark it is just full of baby chick. Especially with the darker colored button eggs and 99% of coturnix eggs.

Usually when the egg is completely dark it is just full of baby chick. Especially with the darker colored button eggs and 99% of coturnix eggs.
Thank you for this quick response :D It's my first time hatching eggs, and I used a thermic cable and the temperature stayed less than 20 hours in 34ºC and I was afraid if the chicks have died....

Back
Top Bottom