all who are hatching quail

Where are you located and will you be selling any of the valley quail?

I am in Sebring Florida. Most likely ill be selling some this summer. Each batch(4 so far) came from different breeders so I can make some unrelated pairs for my breeding program. Once I have enough pairs I will be selling the extras. Where are you located?

I am in Sebring Florida. Most likely ill be selling some this summer. Each batch(4 so far) came from different breeders so I can make some unrelated pairs for my breeding program. Once I have enough pairs I will be selling the extras. Where are you located?
I'm in northern Idaho...

I have 230 eggs coming in today or tomorrow. They are coturnix. I was planning on 120, and bid low on another offer, ended up winning and now I get to hatch 230 lol. We have four horse stalls that are clean and not in use so I plan on using one for the brooder. They are seven feet tall, do you think I should make a screen roof for it? Or is that high enough? I know I can end up with 0 hatching, just want to be prepared either way.
yes you will want to put sceen over top once they are about 3 weeks to 4 weeks old. mine fly good at that age at 6 weeks they are laying most of the time. best of luck they hatch better then most ofter being shipped i had 120 shipped in and had 85 hatch.

One of my coturnix chicks have died. I feel relly bad because it was very healthy but not eat, I did what I could to save him but i can't...
The others are going like the died chick. Not eating, can't walk, only one button, the first hatching and it' seens so good. The other 2 have deformations in her legs and can´t walk... What I should do?
what feed are you feeding and how hot are you keeping the brooder. i keep mine about 90 degrees and some of my corturnix have issues after hatch with legs i place nonslip cupbaord mat underthem. for traction. feed i use a local brand that is call IFA gamebird starter. non medicate. never feed medicated feed to game bird it kills them. make sure all game bird feed is also 24 % protien. higher if you can find it. teach them to drink by dunking their beaks in water. best of luck that is onoly advise i can give

My pretty little button eggs ended up being duds. I messed up the temperatures for the first day or two, I think. It was too hot for them. I'll order more eggs this weekend.

I reached what I want!!! The baby buttons are eating. One of them I need tohelp him some but the other goes alones to the feed and eats alone. Today I give him some worms. The baby who eat alone, eat eat that worms very fast, the worms were pretty big!!!
Thanks

what feed are you feeding and how hot are you keeping the brooder. i keep mine about 90 degrees and some of my corturnix have issues after hatch with legs i place nonslip cupbaord mat underthem. for traction. feed i use a local brand that is call IFA gamebird starter. non medicate. never feed medicated feed to game bird it kills them. make sure all game bird feed is also 24 % protien. higher if you can find it. teach them to drink by dunking their beaks in water. best of luck that is onoly advise i can give
I have my chicks in 34ºC, I give him a food for baby chickens(I don't know if it´s medicated or not....) and today I gave him some worms. They have paper battery under them. I think I'm going to put them a very slim scarg underthem. I use it to give him the worms and they were good walking on it.
Thanks

I have my chicks in 34ºC, I give him a food for baby chickens(I don't know if it´s medicated or not....) and today I gave him some worms. They have paper battery under them. I think I'm going to put them a very slim scarg underthem. I use it to give him the worms and they were good walking on it.
Thanks
if you put cloth under them be very careful they don't get their little claws stuck

Back
Top Bottom