all who are hatching quail

I have my chicks in 34ºC, I give him a food for baby chickens(I don't know if it´s medicated or not....) and today I gave him some worms. They have paper battery under them. I think I'm going to put them a very slim scarg underthem. I use it to give him the worms and they were good walking on it.
Thanks
ok one of the problems might be the chicken chick feed isn't high enough protein, and most chick feed is medicated check with your supplier. to see if they have any game bird starter. i know there is few different providers of higher protein game bird feed. another good feed is turkey starter and grower. hope this helped you. Just rule of thumb Quail, Phesents, ducks and turkeys require higher protein then chickens.

Hi, I could only get gamebird starter do mixed a 1/3 cup blood and bone to my birds food. Apparently cat biscuits are also good ground up if youre struggling to find high protien food.

Just set my first batch of eggs ever tonight! 15 Jumbo Browns and 15 A&M. I was surprised how much bigger the A&M eggs were! I'm thinking I might keep a flock of A&M hens just for eggs hehe.

Hi, I could only get gamebird starter do mixed a 1/3 cup blood and bone to my birds food. Apparently cat biscuits are also good ground up if youre struggling to find high protien food.
yes i forgot about that cat food is great for the protein, grind it up for the chicks. but if you feed to adults do very sparingly as it has lots of fat as well and adults don't need fat.

ok one of the problems might be the chicken chick feed isn't high enough protein, and most chick feed is medicated check with your supplier. to see if they have any game bird starter. i know there is few different providers of higher protein game bird feed. another good feed is turkey starter and grower. hope this helped you. Just rule of thumb Quail, Phesents, ducks and turkeys require higher protein then chickens.
That is the only food I can get from my supplier. She told me that food the people use it for al tipes of birds from quails to turkeys.
Now the babies are better, the firt hatchling can't walk good it haves a deformed leg...They eat a lot of chick food. Tomorrow I'm going to look for worms....
Thanks

Regular hen food ground up small with cat biscuits, better than medicated. I put my first lot through a coffee grinder, then I washed it out and put it away quickly. :oops:
The next lot I just ran through the food processor, the Current batch is tiny so im just grinding it small in my mortar and pestle

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom