all who are hatching quail

Momhunter- Wow! Not only a size difference, but look at those colors! Look good to me though, yum...

I just set my very first eggs ever last night- 25 coturnix. I have been on the verge of a panic attack ever since, but my cooler-bator is actually regulated and holding 99.7 degrees, so I need to calm down I guess. I am going to be watching this thing for the next 18 days like a spaz, I'm sure. I shall become a shut-in, but luckily my computer is close to the incubator so I can visit BYC!!!

Does anyone what is wrong with this guy? His feet seemed curled and he just sits on the floor trying to move but he cant.

Does anyone what is wrong with this guy? His feet seemed curled and he just sits on the floor trying to move but he cant.

Spraddle leg---take a bandaid, and tape one end of each bandaid on each leg--so the bandage part is between his legs, it will hold his legs closer together until he heals up. It is hard to describe...maybe you could search spraddle leg on here to get the idea. Electrical tape works well too because it comes off easier.

Last edited:
Spraddle leg---take a bandaid, and tape one end of each bandaid on each leg--so the bandage part is between his legs, it will hold his legs closer together until he heals up. It is hard to describe...maybe you could search spraddle leg on here to get the idea. Electrical tape works well too because it comes off easier.

Yh thanks alot I found a page

How many weeks were they?

The mixes were 8 weeks and the JMF were three of my 5 mo old breeders. They had broken legs from something grabbing their legs through the bottom wire of the pen. I processed them since the wounds were less than 24 hours old. I weighed one of them and it was 316oz, theses hens were all over 300oz when I selected them as breeders at 8 weeks of age.

Had 23 italian and rosetta coturnix hatch the last two days
i wanna see. I sold a few of the ones you hatched from my eggs. I had one that just didn't grow at all. it was all feathered out like the others, just tiny still. It died yesterday though. I think the others bullied it too much :( the rest are doing great. Almost big enough to introduce to the big pen. I figured out if i move stuff around in the coop then introduce new birds they don't fight as much.

Ordered from Dave last week, supposed to be shipping my eggs out tomorrow. Can't wait to get started. I would also like to say he has been very helpful to me. Thanks again Dave.

Back
Top Bottom