all who are hatching quail

here they are

I use plastic (shallow) containers with a mix of sand and shavings. They LOVE these and only lay in them, never on the wire!! I have them in all 4 corners of my quail pen. this also gives them a place to rest their feet from the wire bottom. Actually most of the floor is covered in either feeders or nexting boxes, comfy to rest on
lau.gif

I AM IN LOCKDOWN AND MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL , ok fixed it i think darn cat ,
i didnt count the eggs i never do when they are mine . but i do count after hatch all that hatched go in one drawer and all that done go in an old pan to be checked out .

Nest Box i dont use wire in the winter as it gets COLD on the babies and adults feet so i just put them in my Green house in the Brooder box all wood the top has a vent for fresh air and a light for cold nights ,

they seem to like the pine i put down and love the light area to lay, ive seen some next boxes made of just that shoe boxes some raise the Quail on slanted wire so the eggs roll out .

im still learning my method and whats right for me . so for now its a flat wire and wood combo so they can rest the feet and a warm house at night , since they have not been in it yet
not sure how its gonna work but that is for my grow out cage
my breeders will be in rabbit cages / hutch and 3 girls to 1 lucky horney roo .

I AM IN LOCKDOWN  AND MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL , ok fixed it i think darn cat ,
i didnt count the eggs i never do when they are mine . but i do count after hatch all that hatched go in one drawer and all that done go in an old pan to be checked out . 

Nest Box i dont use wire in the winter as it gets COLD on the babies and adults feet so i just put them in my Green house in the Brooder box all wood the top has a vent for fresh air and a light for cold nights ,

they seem to like the pine i put down and love the light area to lay, ive seen some next boxes made of just that shoe boxes some raise the Quail on slanted wire so the eggs roll out .

im still learning my method and whats right for me . so for now its a flat wire and wood combo so they can rest the feet and a warm house at night , since they have not been in it yet 
not sure how its gonna work but that is for my grow out cage 
my breeders will be in rabbit cages / hutch and 3 girls to 1 lucky horney roo . 

Your caps lock portion of this comment made me laugh out loud. Haha :D Darn cats anyways. :lol:

Last edited:
Feel extremely fortunate today. After ordering 20 Coturnix eggs online and ending up with 14 due to bad shipping, I found a local farmer who GAVE me 65 eggs. GAVE as in he didn't charge me. And he's willing to buy the ones I can't keep!! Awesome!!!

79 eggs going in!!!

Is anyone selling jumbo coturnix chicks or hatching eggs, willing to ship them. I live in Wisconsin. I just lost 26 of mine to a very hungry fox family :(

Back
Top Bottom