all who are hatching quail

we cought it !!! A look to be a bobcat... it ate my turkey and my polish hen ... what do i do know???
Yikes! Yes a bob cat, cougars don't have spots like that. I'm glad you caught it.
thumbsup.gif

Fish & Game picked up the Bobcat today... They will release it away from residential area... They gave me advice on how to safe proof my kennel ... Breath taking experience that's for sure :sick

we cought it !!! A look to be a bobcat... it ate my turkey and my polish hen ... what do i do know???
Wow, very cool. We get bobs around here too. A cougar is a 180lb 7 foot long animal. Nothing like a little bobcat. I am SO glad you caught it and it can be relocated to someplace that is safer for it. And that your birds will be safe again!

Wow, very cool. We get bobs around here too. A cougar is a 180lb 7 foot long animal. Nothing like a little bobcat. I am SO glad you caught it and it can be relocated to someplace that is safer for it. And that your birds will be safe again!

Relocation done by the public is illegal in most cases. Generally speaking relocation is a death sentence for predators. They are territorial animals and moving one into a strange place usually means being killed or starving to the point of depredation of other livestock. Then you're just making the bobcat somebody else's problem. Another aspect of relocation is the very prevalent risk of spreading diseases. Obviously the cat is gone but for anybody reading this...do NOT think you're doing a good thing by relocating animals into what you've deemed a "safe place"

Relocation done by the public is illegal in most cases. Generally speaking relocation is a death sentence for predators. They are territorial animals and moving one into a strange place usually means being killed or starving to the point of depredation of other livestock. Then you're just making the bobcat somebody else's problem. Another aspect of relocation is the very prevalent risk of spreading diseases. Obviously the cat is gone but for anybody reading this...do NOT think you're doing a good thing by relocating animals into what you've deemed a "safe place"
The bobcat was not relocated by the person who trapped it, they contacted the local fish and game to relocate it, So the proper thing in this case was done. And if you do trap an animal, either way its going to probably die, whether you yourself kill it, or another animal does when relocated, but I dont think a bobcat is going to have any problems holding its own in a new territory

The bobcat was not relocated by the person who trapped it, they contacted the local fish and game to relocate it, So the proper thing in this case was done. And if you do trap an animal, either way its going to probably die, whether you yourself kill it, or another animal does when relocated, but I dont think a bobcat is going to have any problems holding its own in a new territory

I wasn't saying they relocated it. I said "for anyone reading this" to not think that relocation is a cure-all. I've trapped for furbearers and done nuisance wildlife control damage for 10 years so I know a little about it. Kudos to them for contacting Fish and Game. Felines are extremely territorial, bobcats not quite as bad as cougars.

I wasn't referring to a bobcat being killed by other predators necessarily (though they are relatively low on the food chain) I meant since it is being introduced to an area that is likely already occupied by mature cats

I wasn't saying they relocated it. I said "for anyone reading this" to not think that relocation is a cure-all. I've trapped for furbearers and done nuisance wildlife control damage for 10 years so I know a little about it. Kudos to them for contacting Fish and Game. Felines are extremely territorial, bobcats not quite as bad as cougars.

I wasn't referring to a bobcat being killed by other predators necessarily (though they are relatively low on the food chain) I meant since it is being introduced to an area that is likely already occupied by mature cats
Ok gotcha, I wasnt trying to argue your points, I didn't realize you were aware that they did indeed contact fish and game. And yes, Felines are very territorial, We used to hound hunt when I was little, and you could point out obvious territories and which cat/bear occupied which area quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom