all who are hatching quail

Yes and it all happened very quickly. I was a little nervous I messed up. I want to continue with incubation of different types :) I find this very interesting.

Last edited:
Day 21 had a few more hatch...
Really disappointed so far but it's my own fault for not double checking the incubator with a thermo/hygro before running it...
So far from 108 eggs I only have 8 healthy little guys, 4 that aren't looking good and approx. 5 die already. It looks like a few eggs pipped but died inside the egg too. The rest of the eggs are not doing much at all. Temps were approx 5 degrees out from factory and by the time I checked it was just too late I think :(

Oh well, I learnt alot from my first attempt anyway, and regardless of how many more hatch I plan to continue at it and learn more and more each time (I really wish I didn't rely on the incubators temp & humidity gauge on the Janoel 48 type incubator). Just ordered 2 thermo/hygro gauges with inside & outside probes so I will run it for a few days and take 4 separate temp readings, change probe locations every few hours and write down all info to see if there are any hot/cold spots inside. If I have to change the heat and fan or anything to get better accuracy then so be it, I will get this thing working more accurately before attempting it again...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom