all who are hatching quail

Than
What I do if my feed store doesn't have the right protein percentage is, I go out and buy some dry cat food and the highest protein Gamebirds food I can find and put both in the blender and turn it into powder. They will eat it right up. I also would recommend wood shavings, you would just need to change it every week or so if you don't want it to smell to bad, or don't just keep adding my on. Hope this helps
~Isaac

Thanks! So far 33!

I have 23 bobwhite quail eggs in the incubator right now that came from my 2 hens and Tue daddy 1 roo. I have a Button Quail that is currently up for sale since she is lonely and is the only button quail so I don't have any eggs from her in the incubator. I am going to try and buy at least 10 snowflake bobwhite quail eggs, but I won't be getting those till around the end of the month. If I have a great hatch from the bobwhites I'll be selling a bunch of Chicks.

Here we go again. 120 bob eggs in the bator, the other bator is locked down, and due to hatch tomorrow. 6 week old chicks in brooder went out in the new johnny house. The cycle continues. lol An empty bator or brooder is a rare thing around here these days.

Same here, I can't help hatching more and more eggs

We are supposed to be getting some bobwhite from our local feed store can yall tell me how to incubate bobwhite eggs

This is my first year hatching bobwhite, but I know some stuffs that could help.

Temp.: Still air incubator 100°F-101°F Forced air incubator 99°F-100°F

Turning: I use an auto Turner but if you don't turn them 4-6 Times a day

Humidity: 40-50% during incubation 3 days before hatching put it at 55-60%

Stop turning 3 days before hatching

They take 22-24 days to hatch

Am I missing anything because I have a feeling I am

They are the same bird. jumbo, brown pharoah, they are all coturnix quail. Pharoah quail is just another name for the coturnix, jumbo are just coturnix that are bred for bigger bodied birds

Back
Top Bottom