1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All wrapped up and no place to go. O.o

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RouletteRun, Mar 6, 2015.

1. RouletteRun

RouletteRun Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    Anderson, Indiana
    Hi Everybody,

I'm not really new to BYC, I've been a spectator for maybe a couple of years now, I had an old profile, but I used my real name rather than an avatar name when I started it and I decided I might want to change that so I started a new profile, because I couldn't figure out how to change my screen name.
    So, I've decided to take the plunge this year and have ordered five Plymouth Barred Rock pullets from efowl.com a week ago and I'm very excited and waiting for my chicks to arrive, but last night I got an email from efowl telling me my shipping date won't be until March 25, still more than two weeks out, but I'm so anxious to get started, I've got my brooder set up in a very large tote with pine shavings, a waterer, feeder and heat lamp. I've got food and grit too. I ordered what I believe will be a nice coop from ebay, that was supposed to be here yesterday, but I live in Indiana and it got stuck in Memphis, TN due to the big snow storm that tore through Kentucky a couple days ago.
    Now I sit, all ready to go with no chicks. I'm ready to get started, and would love to have them now. I guess I'll have to sit and be patient for a while, but I'm not very good at that, once I've decided I'm going to do something, I want to do it and not wait most of a month to get started.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could rejoin the flock! Good luck with your new chicks I hope the two weeks don't drag too much for you and that your chicks arrive safely. Waiting can seem to take forever I'm the same when I'm incubating eggs.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

It sounds like you're very prepared for chickens. Good luck with your future chicks! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

I hope the long wait goes by quickly! Good luck with your future chicks.

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome (again, lol) to BYC! I hope your chicks get here soon and you have a good time with them. Let us know how they are doing once you get them!

1 person likes this.
  7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chicks.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.
  9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Oh I remember that torturous wait for my chicks too! You'll live!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You certainly look well prepared. Welcome back to the flock. We saved a place on the roost for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by