1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All You Ever Want to Know About Me ~ And then some...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Humhill, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Humhill

Humhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Liberty, NC
    Hi all,
    Newbie here from North Carolina, right outside Greensboro. I've been lurking here for quite a while, and decided I'd go ahead and get myself a login.

So, I thought I'd start with the "Sample Questions"

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Well, not really new. Had a pet chicken when I was a kid. Ended up getting a minor in Poultry Science when I was in college. However, I couldn't really tell you much about what I learned. Other than a few interesting/gross facts that stuck with me. I've always liked any find of feathered animal and wanted a small pet flock. My hubby's Christmas gift to me this year was the promise to build me a coop!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    None right now. My friend has a trio of Red Golden Pheasants and a trio of Black Pheasants that are just waiting on me to build a coop and bring them home.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I plan on having the Red Golden and Black Pheasants, and I also want some Barred Plymouth Rocks, Golden Laced and Silver Laced Wyandotes. I have a thing for barring/lacing....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Googled something and this was the first result that came up. Now I'm hooked...

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    My biggest would be the horses. We breed and show Miniature Horses and American Shetland Ponies. I also have one "big" horse that I trail ride, but the "little ones" take priority. We also breed Miniature Poodles, Miniature Goldendoodles and Standard Goldendoodles. We're very busy people....

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Well, I have my husband, no kids (only 4-legged ones). My parents are close by and all of us do the horses together. I am working as a bank teller. We have a housecat named Mimi, and a Mini Poodle named Tinkerbelle.

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada!!!

3. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] From Oregon! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Don't have my chicks yet either but getting them this spring! [​IMG] Yahoo chicks!

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    welcome! All I seem to remember from poultry science was the weird gross stuff, and apparently i didn't get most of that right either! But there is always someone here that can straighten out our misconceptions and help us with reality. I am thankful for this site and all of the knowledgeable people on it...and the funny ones too. It always gives me my laugh for the day. [​IMG]

5. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Welcome! We are glad you joined us!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

7. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    [​IMG] from Ky!

8. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] from Alaska

thanks for joining us.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

10. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    [​IMG] sunshine state [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by