Alls I wanted was two or three chickens......

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
I wanted two. I had to buy six from tractor supply... So I said get six... Then I saw that there was only three left in that big bin. So I could t leave them there all alone!!! So now I have (had) nine babies....
Any way the lady said that we were getting red pullet hens. Which is what I wanted... They turned out that they gave us the wrong kind. We got 9 light brahmas that were STRAIGHT RUN.
he.gif
.... So they replaced my order with ten free golden commets
yippiechickie.gif
... But then two baby golden commets died
sad.png
so I have 17. Chickens..... I wanted two and I got 17...... How does this happen?! Any who now we have to build a coop for these lovely birds. Hehe it's okay tho I like the idea of "chicken math" I found a farm that will take my roosters.
celebrate.gif
. So that's a plus. But my dad decided that he wants to build a HUGE shed and section part of it off for me. So we will see how I am going to approach building this thing : )

Rager cute post! that chicken math'll get ya everything! good luck on the coop! (build it bigger than you think you need... from what I've seen that's just the tip of the chicken math iceberg!)

Welcome to Chicken Math 101 - lesson 1 is in the art of denial. Repeat after me ... "I really WANTED all these ... 17 IS NOT TOO MANY! ... There's NO SUCH THING as 'too many' ... and I need MORE" ........bwahahahaha!

I only want to start out with 5. So I had to order then but the min was 10. Now they ar 1 week old and I want more.

clap.gif

I love it... I went to get me my first chicks and only wanted a few... like you ... had to buy 6!! Didn't want 6!!!
Went back to buy some more feed, different waterer.... fell for a little partridge rock and couldn't get one... she would be lonely... got two (yep, second time around and since I already got 6.... they let me get just 2).

NOW.... I have 15 more coming in on Thursday.... OMG... Chicken Math is CRAZY!!!!

Guess I should add... people think you are nuts if you say you have 25 dogs... but 24 chickens... NO WAY!

Last edited:
You have to be careful folks. The chicks at TSC have been trained to jump into any passing shopping cart. Some have been known to jump into purses, large pockets, etc.

Also, for you that don't know, when counting chickens using chicken math...chicks don't count.

Oh! and it takes 2 silkies to equal one chicken.

Be careful.

Haha, you guys are totally cracking me up! I wanted four, our coop is big enough for four... but I was talked into ordering six "just in case" since there are so many that go to predators. However, if they all make it (and I hope they do!!) then two might have to find a new home before next winter. I don't think our coop will be a happy place for SIX chickens through all that cold!

Back
Top Bottom