Almost 31 Weeks & NO EGGS!

Don't give up hope. Since they are free-ranged, chances are they are laying their eggs somewhere. It will be easier to find the mystery nest when one of your girls becomes broody. Keep a close eye on her when she goes back to her hidden nest after eating. Goodluck!!!

Well I have been in the same boat but only with one of my girls, all the same age and the others have been laying for between 4-6 weeks.

Day before yesterday I wanted to start getting fruit cakes made for Christmas and really wanted eggs from all the girls(call me sentimental)!

I said I bet she lays after the cakes have been made...should have put money on it, as yes she laid yesterday!

I feel your pain!!! I have Black Australorps and Cochin Bantams who are all at 30+ weeks and no eggs. I feed them better then I feed myself!!! Nesting boxes everywhere they could possibly want...nothing! NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.....grrrrr....

I still love them, but I would really like eggs!
sad.png

Got some going on 34 weeks. (Orps, PRs and and cochin) Nothing. I get one egg a day from a RIR, same age, who just started two weeks ago. So there is hope. I have notice the roo paying attention to at least one BO and the RIR, so I think at least one is close. Mine are not free range, so I am not "losing" eggs. And they are not eating them. I know that because the RIR is not laying in the nest box but out in the open and they do not mess with her eggs. Mine are also on high quality layer pellets and are well nourished. I am in NC, so it's not that cold either.

Go out there in the morning with a box of Shake & Bake, show it to all of your girls.

Then tell them "either ya'll give me Breakfast, or I'll make you dinner."

Worked for me. [At least that's what I tell myself, my first egg was the next day.]
D.gif

I have two almost the same age....still holding out. The others started at 24 and 28 week old.....I am actually not sure if I got one egg today from #3 though....It was slightly speckled, different from the others..

Back
Top Bottom