Almost day 0

1ADAM12

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2016
Tioga, PA
Tomorrow night is day 0. I can hear some chicks chirping. Once they hatch how long should I let them dry before I put in brooder? First time hatching

The chicks can be moved as soon as their down is fluffy looking. That means that they are dry enough and wont get chilled in your brooder. Good luck with your first hatch. How many and what are you hatching?

The chicks can be moved as soon as their down is fluffy looking. That means that they are dry enough and wont get chilled in your brooder. Good luck with your first hatch. How many and what are you hatching?
6 Polish
2 Speckled Sussex
2 Americauna Suxxex Cross
2 Black Australorpe Sussex Cross

How long do they take after they pip?

Attachments

• 15FA853E-5861-4253-B5C9-55CF33DE4D65.jpeg
    15FA853E-5861-4253-B5C9-55CF33DE4D65.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 7
I have a problem. Chicks were not suppose to hatch until tomorrow hahaha. We all have to goto work. How long will they stay alive in the Bator before they need to go into the brooder? One is fully hatched out and I am waiting for the chick to dry before I leave. I have three others that have pipped but not zipped.

They will all be fine. Go to work and when you come home you will hopefully have a bator full of chirping, running, sweet little fuzzies. The chicks can survive for several days without anything in the bator due to absorbing that beautiful yolk full of food. The time between pipping and zipping can be 24 hours sometimes as they take breaks. Good Luck and thanks for the pics. Keep them coming.

Back
Top Bottom