cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I lost track of the time and just went out to put the babies in their coop. For some reason their light didn't come on. They have been going in the coop in the eves with maybe 1 or 2 stragglers. When I went out to close the coop all the babies were out side by the pop door and a skunk was attempting to get into their run at my makeshift gate. As I was running over the shunk just walked away. I put the babies in and fixed their light. I'm sure it will be back and I have my 410 ready. A friend of mine said he lost several chickens to a skunk. He told me they just kill to kill that they don't eat them. Time for a critter cam.
somad.gif
fl.gif

One of my friend's neighbors has a nice pond in a suburban area. He stocked it with really cool expensive koi. What he really ended up with is a high end skunk feeder. The pond is now a rock garden :p

Last edited:
Well I put out a critter cam and have my 410 ready if that skunk comes back and tries to get my babies. I sat out by the coop with the wind blowing so it couldn't catch my scent for 1-1/2 hrs beginning at sunset. No skunk yet.

WHAT WONT EAT CHICKENS! I have thought about opposums, racoons, hawks, coy dogs... Could it get into the run? Dig under? I heard opposums kill to kill and dont eat them. Keep those babies safe! Good Luck!

I know first hand skunks DO eat chickens........
sad.png

I hope you get the little bugger. i trapped 7 a month ago. I thought I only had one or two......wrong! So keep you eyes peeled, even if you get one.......there may be more.

Back
Top Bottom