Almost made it :)

jenkassai

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Sooo...I was in the bathroom, doing my hair getting ready to leave, and I hear all this soft chirping / warbling, like all the chicks are chatting at once. I peek my head around the corner and see that one of the brooder doors had popped open, and I am pretty sure I see a little chick head peeking out. So I go in to where the brooder is, and there is Bebe (Buff Brahma -almost 4 weeks), perched on the edge, clearly contemplating escape and adventure, and the rest of the naughty girls crowded around her in the brooder, sounding / looking like they were encouraging her and waiting their turn! It was such a funny site, I WISH I'd had my camera. When I said "What are you girls doing in here?" they all scattered into various corners of the brooder, Bebe included, as if to say "Nothing to see here! We're not up to anything!"
lau.gif

I counted heads and secured the brooder door. Silly girls!

Mine managed to knock the wire off of the top of the brooder and one was running around the garage when I came home. Fortunately I saw another sitting on top of the brooder and didn't drive in until all were accounted for.
roll.png

My girls are about a month old, and they haven't had any outside play time for 2 days because of the cold weather. I took the lid (an old window screen) off their box to change their water and 3 of them jumped to the edge of the box and then one made it to a chair! I think they are sick of being cooped up (no pun intended). They love their outside pen. They always spend the first few minutes "flying" from one side to the other, giving those new feathers a workout!

Quote:
Yes, mine love their outside time too! After the first time out, they seemed more wild inside in the brooder, and I thought "Uh oh, what did I do?!"
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom