Almost New Member

JudyR

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Hi! My husband and I live about 20 miles outside the city of Calgary, Alberta and have for 28 years. We had chickens in the 80's but mistakenly gave them feed with urea? in it. My husband thought the calf feed would be great for his chickens as it had corn and a whole bunch of good lookinbg stuff in it. Unfortunately, we never saw another egg. The other unfortunate thing was we belonged to the Calgary Pointing Dog Club at that time and had promised to supply the eggs for the next weekend's field dog trials that our club was hosting. We had to BUY a case of eggs.
Your site has been amazingly helpful and I urge all new members to remember it's easier to ask a dumb question than to fix a dumb mixtake. You have helped us out a lot since last summer and I'm certain that you will continue to do so.
Really appreciate this site.
We got some more chickens last year from a neighbour who had them stuffed into an ATCO trailer and living under pretty deplorable conditions. I'm sure they think they're in paradise now. My husband renovated our old chicken shed with heat and a varnished floor, new roost, and even hung a picture in there. He absolutely loves his chickens and they show their gratitude. We've had an ample supply of eggs all winter, even when it was -35.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom