ALMOST ready..........check that.....READY

Howdy, Neighbor!

What kind of chickens are you looking to get? A guy down the road may still have some available, I got my Silkies and Cochins from him. I just got 38 chicks from Ideal today, if you can't find anything, shoot me a PM, hubby may be willing to share a few with your beautiful granddaughter
smile.png

Quote:
Well.....I REALLY want brown egg layers and I'm leaning toward Delaware or Dominiker hens. Babygirl, ALREADY, has her roo and "nusses" it all the time while over at her best friend's house (whose mother has let her pick the roo out, herself, from her flock). The roo is supposed to be an Araucana, but I think it is a "cross".

Where 'bouts in S.E. AL are you located. I'm about 8 miles east of Dothan.......between the HUGE metropolises of Avon and Ashford, Alabama.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, lesa........Glad to, FINALLY, be getting back into chickens and hope to be able to learn and contribute from/to this forum.

Quote:
Well.....I REALLY want brown egg layers and I'm leaning toward Delaware or Dominiker hens. Babygirl, ALREADY, has her roo and "nusses" it all the time while over at her best friend's house (whose mother has let her pick the roo out, herself, from her flock). The roo is supposed to be an Araucana, but I think it is a "cross".

Where 'bouts in S.E. AL are you located. I'm about 8 miles east of Dothan.......between the HUGE metropolises of Avon and Ashford, Alabama.

I'm about 18 miles west of Dothan. Shortly after I posted, my phone alerted me to a new CL listing...I think this may be the guy I bought my Silkies and Cochins from, the pens in the pictures and the coop look very familiar. Odd, though, I only bought them a month ago, and he was quite excitedly working on new runs. Anyway, may interest you: http://dothan.craigslist.org/grd/2078106515.html

The
chicks I got from Ideal today are "Ameraucana" (Easter Eggers, I'm sure) and Buff Orpingtons.

I use a lot of fence pickets for my birds, I had two pallets worth when I moved from my last home I never got around to using there.

I bought them new and never got the fence up. I was not going to leave them.

looks good!

the duck house I built for the late hatchlings is sided with pickets but I did it like clap board , the roof too.

Back
Top Bottom