Aloha from O`ahu, Hawai`i ~ anyone else?

chicknhawaii

Songster
14 Years
May 15, 2008
Honolulu, HI
I'm a newbie and am already obsessed with chicks/chickens lol! I live smack in the middle of town, just outside of Waikiki so am limited to 2 chickens on the property. Can't have roos ~ not b/c it's against the law but more b/c it'd wreak havoc with the neighbors.

Any other Hawai`i people here?
tongue.png

Aloha from the Big Island! I'm a newby backyard farmer with 6 3wk old Buff Orpingtons, 5 3wk old Barred Rocks, 2 2wk old RIRs & 1 2wk old Araucana...AND hoping they're ALL hens!! With the rising cost of EVERYTHING, my family & I decided that it is time we try harder to become more self sufficient...that is until we fell in love with all our chickies!!!! We are looking forward to ordering at least 2 dozen more of various breeds before summer's end! Personnally, I didn't realize how relaxing it would be just to watch these comical creatures (and I can do that for hours!!!) Tonight is their 1st night out in the yard, enclosed in their covered tractor & hopefully secure enough so nothing gets in! As you can tell, I'm really nervous about it, but they quickly outgrew their brood box! My DH built a BEAUTIFUL hen house, but we still have to make their attached run & I figure it'll be another couple of weeks before they'll be ready for that!
My grandchildren absolutely adore their chickies too!

hahaha wassup. I just started raising chickens to. I started with 3 R-Island reds which i gave away 4 months ago, they should be around 7 months now(hope there ok). 2 Old English game bantams that I also gave away cause they were to small lol. and now I got 6 Pheonix and 6 Yokohama fowls that are at 4months right now. im more focused into raiseing japanese fowls. hopefully ill be able to get Satsumadoris in the future to raise. I live deep into Palolo valley.

OH! I also got a rooster im trainning to fight name Rocky lol.

Hawaii Represent.

Back
Top Bottom