Aloha!

IslandChickenWhisperer

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2019
Big Island, Hawaii
I've been reading BackYard Chickens for years to answer my questions about my flock over the past ten years. I've had various breeds for eggs for my farmer's market booth but now think I want to branch out into some selective breeding. So in addition to 25 production reds (that are reaching their expiration date) I have recently raised 19 chicks, Black Copper Marans, Black Ameraucanas and Lavender Orpingtons.
We are growing our flock as we are slowing down on other livestock on our small five acre parcel, but still have a herd of alpacas that produce fiber (also for our booth).
I am an avid knitter and finally get to do some gardening now that I have retired from my day job.
I hope to continue learning here as well as enjoying the company of a very friendly group of people.

Attachments

• mixed flock.jpg
    mixed flock.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 7
I've been reading BackYard Chickens for years to answer my questions about my flock over the past ten years. I've had various breeds for eggs for my farmer's market booth but now think I want to branch out into some selective breeding. So in addition to 25 production reds (that are reaching their expiration date) I have recently raised 19 chicks, Black Copper Marans, Black Ameraucanas and Lavender Orpingtons.
We are growing our flock as we are slowing down on other livestock on our small five acre parcel, but still have a herd of alpacas that produce fiber (also for our booth).
I am an avid knitter and finally get to do some gardening now that I have retired from my day job.
I hope to continue learning here as well as enjoying the company of a very friendly group of people.
Hi there. Welcome to the Coop Scoop. Make yourself at home. We Cluckers and Quackers already love having you here. Looking forward to getting to know you better, so stick around and get your yard scratch on. And thanks for joining.

Back
Top Bottom